Don’t panic if you accidentally delete your WhatsApp messages on Android/iPhone – there are several methods you can try to recover them.
By regularly backing up your WhatsApp chats to iCloud or Google Drive, you can avoid losing important data in the future.
If all other methods have failed, you can try contacting WhatsApp support to request a copy of your chat history. While there is no guarantee they will be able to retrieve the deleted messages, it is worth a try.
Have you ever lost a WhatsApp message before getting a chance to read it? It can be frustrating, especially if it’s important or from someone you care about. But don’t worry, there are ways to recover those deleted messages. From restoring backups to reaching out to WhatsApp support, this article outlines several methods to help you retrieve those messages. Time is of the essence, so act quickly and follow the steps outlined here. With a little patience and persistence, you can recover those important messages and get back to enjoying your conversations with loved ones.
Understanding Deleted WhatsApp Messages
A message deleted from WhatsApp clears the conversation history on your device. However, the message may still be temporarily stored on WhatsApp servers as well as on the sender’s or recipient’s device. According to the situation, there may be appropriate solutions to recover deleted texts.
#Method 1: Using Notification Log on Android
On many Android devices, you can examine notices that have been excused or cleared by utilising a framework component known as Warning Log. This includes WhatsApp notifications. The method for accessing the notice log follows next:
- Long-press a vacant segment of your home screen.
- Pick “Gadgets” from the rundown of conceivable outcomes that shows up.
- Find the “Settings” gadget by looking down.
- Drag the “Settings” gadget to a clear right on target your home screen.
- Pick “Notice log” from the rundown of accessible choices.
- To see a rundown of excused notices, including WhatsApp messages, tap on the Notice Log gadget.
Because Notification Log is not a normal feature on Android smartphones, this solution may not work on all of them.
#Method 2: Using a Third-Party App on Android
There are various third-party programmes available on the Google Play Store that claim to be able to restore lost WhatsApp messages. One such software is “Notification History Log.” Here’s how to utilise it:
- Download and install the “Notification History Log” app from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the app and grant it the required permissions.
- To identify the deleted WhatsApp message you wish to view, scroll through the list of alerts.
Third-party apps can be hazardous and could harm your device’s security or privacy. Use them at your own risk.
#Method 3: Restoring Deleted Messages from Backup on Android
If you previously stored up your WhatsApp chats on Google Drive, you may be able to restore deleted messages from the backup. Here’s how to do it:
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the screen to open WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu, followed by “Chats”.
- Tap “Chat backup” to confirm that your chat history has been saved to Google Drive.
- Reinstall WhatsApp from the Google Play Store after uninstalling it from your Android phone.
- Use the same phone number you used for your prior WhatsApp account during the setup procedure, and verify it with the verification code delivered to your phone.
- WhatsApp will offer you to recover your Google Drive chat history. Choose “Restore” and wait for the process to finish.
- You should be able to view your deleted files once the restoration process is completed.
Keep in mind that the repair procedure may take some time depending on the quantity of your conversation history. If you don’t see the option to restore your chat history during the setup process, it’s possible that your chat history wasn’t backed up to Google Drive or that you’re logging in with a different Google account than the one used for the backup. In that situation, you may need to attempt another approach to recover your lost WhatsApp messages.
Read Also: How can I get unbanned from WhatsApp?
#Method 4: Requesting a Chat History from WhatsApp Support
If none of the previous options work, you can contact WhatsApp support and request a copy of your chat history. Here’s how to go about it:
- Navigate to the chat that contained the deleted message in WhatsApp.
- To choose a chat, tap and hold it.
- In the top-right area, tap the three-dot menu symbol.
- Choose “Export chat” from the menu that appears.
- Choose whether or not to include media and then click “Send via email.”
- Fill in your email address and click “Send.”
- Wait for the chat history to be emailed to you.
- Contact WhatsApp support and explain the incident, including a copy of the chat history as proof.
- Wait for a response from WhatsApp customer service.
It should be noted that WhatsApp assistance may be unable to restore deleted messages, but it is worth a go.
#Method 5: Using Notifications on iPhone
Similarly to Method 1 on Android, you can examine dismissed notifications on iPhone by opening the Notification Center. Here’s how to do it:
- To reach the Notification Center, swipe down from the top of your iPhone screen.
- Look through the list of alerts for the deleted WhatsApp message.
#Method 6: Using a Third-Party App on iPhone
There are various third-party programmes available on the App Store that claim to be able to retrieve lost WhatsApp messages on iPhones. One such app is “Dr.Fone – Data Recovery.” Here’s how to utilise it:
- From the App Store, download and install the “Dr.Fone – Data Recovery” app.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC using the app.
- Choose “Recover from iOS Device” and then press “Start Scan.”
- When the scan is finished, select “WhatsApp” from the list of file types on the left.
- Choose the deleted WhatsApp messages you want to restore and press “Recover.”
- Save the recovered messages to your PC or to your iPhone directly.
Remember that utilising third-party apps is always risky, so do your research before downloading and using any such programme.
#Method 7: Restoring Deleted Messages from Backup on iPhone
If you regularly backup your WhatsApp chats, you may be able to recover the lost messages.
Here’s how to restore deleted messages from an iPhone backup:
- Remove WhatsApp from the App Store and reinstall it.
- Enter the same phone number you used when you first set up WhatsApp during the setup procedure.
- When asked to restore your conversation history, select “Restore Chat History.”
- Allow some time for the chat history to be recovered. Depending on the size of your backup, this could take a few minutes.
- When the restoration is finished, open WhatsApp and check to see if the deleted messages were restored.
It is critical to understand that restoring a backup would overwrite any new messages or media received since the backup was generated. If you don’t want to lose any fresh data, try restoring a more recent backup or recovering the deleted messages using an alternative approach.
#Method 8: Requesting a Chat History from WhatsApp Support on iPhone
If all previous techniques for recovering deleted WhatsApp messages on your iPhone have failed, you can contact WhatsApp support and request a copy of your chat history. While there is no certainty that the deleted messages will be recovered, it is worth a shot.
Here’s how to request a chat history from WhatsApp support on iPhone:
- Launch WhatsApp and navigate to “Settings.”
- Then, select “Help” and then “Contact Us.”
- Write a brief message in which you explain that you mistakenly deleted some essential messages and would like a copy of your conversation history.
- Include your phone number and any other information that will assist WhatsApp assistance in locating your account.
- Send the request to WhatsApp support and wait for a response.
Be patient as it may take a few days to obtain a response from WhatsApp support. If they are able to recover your chat history, they will email you a copy.
Join our exclusive Telegram group to stay updated on similar content and receive regular updates.
Key takeaways from the article
Accidentally losing essential WhatsApp messages on Android/iOS can be inconvenient, but there are various methods you can try to restore them.
To enhance your chances of recovery, act fast and avoid using WhatsApp on the device where the messages were deleted.
Restoring deleted messages from an iCloud, iTunes, or Google Drive backup, utilising a third-party recovery application, or restoring the iPhone to a prior backup are all options for recovering deleted texts.
Backup your WhatsApp messages to iCloud or Google Drive on a regular basis to avoid losing vital info in the future.
If all else fails, contact WhatsApp support and ask for a copy of your chat history. While there is no certainty that the deleted messages will be recovered, it’s worth a shot.
When attempting to restore deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone, keep cool and carefully follow the procedures. There’s a decent possibility you can get them back with patience and persistence.
While there is no assurance that WhatsApp support will be able to recover your deleted messages, it is worth a shot if all other options have been exhausted. You can request a copy of your chat history from WhatsApp support and potentially restore your deleted messages by following the steps mentioned in this technique.
Remember to back up your WhatsApp chats on a regular basis to avoid losing vital data in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
How to read deleted WhatsApp messages?
To read deleted WhatsApp messages, you can use methods such as notification logs, third-party programs, or restoring the backup.
How to see deleted messages?
You may view deleted communications on WhatsApp using methods such as notification logs or third-party apps.
How to read deleted messages on WhatsApp deleted by sender?
You can read deleted WhatsApp messages by using methods such as notification logs or third-party apps.
How do I get deleted chats back on messages?
You can recover deleted chats by utilising a backup or third-party programmes.
How to see WhatsApp deleted messages by sender without any app?
Without using any program, you may view WhatsApp deleted messages by the sender using the notification log.
How to see deleted messages?
To view deleted WhatsApp communications, you can utilise a notification log or third-party apps.
Can you see permanently deleted messages?
No, you cannot view permanently deleted WhatsApp messages.
How do I find recently deleted phone messages?
Recently deleted phone texts can be found in the trash or bin folder of your phone’s messaging programme.
How can I see deleted messages on WhatsApp in iPhone?
To view deleted messages on WhatsApp on iPhone, you can use methods such as restoring backups or third-party apps.
Which command is used to get the deleted text back?
There is no command to restore the deleted text on WhatsApp.
How to read deleted messages on WhatsApp deleted by sender?
To read deleted messages on WhatsApp removed by the sender, you can utilise a notification log or third-party apps.
Which app is best for WhatsApp deleted messages?
WhatsRemoved, Notification History Log, and WAMR are some popular WhatsApp deleted message apps.
Are deleted WhatsApp messages gone forever?
Yes, deleted WhatsApp messages are lost forever if they are not backed up or recovered within the time window specified.
Can deleted WhatsApp messages be recovered by police?
In some situations, authorities can recover deleted WhatsApp communications using forensic technologies, however this is subject to legal constraints and rules.
If you want to learn more about WhatsApp’s features and functionality, check out the official WhatsApp FAQ page: https://faq.whatsapp.com/